- Phrase is an option, which gives the most number of search results. Upon choosing this option, all records are searched. It is possible to search through any word or phrase, however if we want to receive the whole phrase in search results, we must put it in quotation marks.
- The search skips single letters, prepositions and conjunctions.
- If there is no quotation marks, the system automatically inserts the operator “and” between the words.
- The Indexes are available for the following options of searching: Researcher; Institution; ISCED; School subject; Keywords; TESE descriptors; Title of the research; Publication; Author of the publication; Book; Title of the journal; Article. When you select the appropriate option, corresponding Index is highlighted in the orange background.
- The advanced search filter is divided into two parts.
The first filter part (i.e. options in the white background) applies to the description of a research (record). There are following search options:
- Abstract – search through a word/phrase across the abstracts; you will obtain the same phrase in search results by putting the phrase in quotation marks.
- Researcher – apart from writing a surname, it is possible to search by Index of Names of Persons, available on the right side of the search box.
- Phrase – search through any word or phrase; use quotation marks to find records containing a specific phrase in unchanged word order.
- Institution – search by Index or word occurring in a name of an institution.
- ISCED – search by Index.
- School subject – search by Index or write the name of a curriculum subject.
- Keywords – derived from the authors of publications; search by Index or by writing a chosen keyword.
- TESE descriptors – search by Index or by writing a descriptor from the thesaurus.
- Title of the research – search through a word or by Index.
The second filter part (options in the orange background) applies to sources and includes the following search options:
- Publication – includes bibliography of all sources; search by Index or through a word/phrase occurring in the bibliography of all sources.
- Author of the publication – search by surname Index or by writing a surname.
- Book – search through a word/phrase occurring in a bibliographic description or by book Index .
- Chapter - search through a word/phrase occurring in a bibliographic description or by Index.
- Title of the journal – search only through a journal title or by journal title Index.
- Article – search through a word/phrase occurring in the bibliography of articles or by Index.